Vaginal Or Lingham Steam
The Yoni Steam, is also known as a vaginal steam, v-steam, is considered a form of hydrotherapy, guests sit in a chair over an herbal steam. The Lingham or Lingam is the Sanskrit name for the male sexual organ. The Steams have ancient roots in many cultures including Korean, Indonesian, and Mayan practice.
In holistic health Steam herbs have been known to assist with:
- Pre and Post Menses Support, easing bloating and cramps
- Balance Hormones, helping to regulate irregular menstrual cycles
- Prostate Care
- Hemorrhoid Relief, Erectile disorders, Odor
- Menopause Support, addressing dryness or pain during intercourse
- Increase Cervical Fluids, aiding with increased fertility
- Nourish and Tone Uterine Lining, another way to increase fertility
- Prevent and Ease Bladder and Kidney Stones
- Ease Headaches and Lower Back Pain
- Correct Digestive Disorders
- Soothe Nervous System
The Yoni Steam service is 60 minutes for the actual service; however, you can expect to spend up to an hour from beginning to end. Once you arrive for your initial visit, you’ll be asked to complete our Intake Form and a Detox Consent Form. The Intake Form will collect general information about you from contact information to allergy and health history information. The Detox Consent Form will provide further information and cautions about the service.
Once you’ve completed the forms, we will choose herbs just for you. Once your Detox Steam is ready, our Detox Practitioner will escort you to the room. Our Detox chair will be set up in one of our beautiful, serene rooms. You will be in a private room, by yourself. Our Detox Practitioner properly prepares every aspect of your visit, ensuring that the steam from the herbs is ready to go, and we have all your questions answered.
You’ll be left for a few minutes to prepare yourself for your steam. We have long silk capes, with arm cutouts for comfortability, to help prepare for your steam. It’s best to remove all your clothing (it gets steamy). During your session, you can choose listening to relaxing spa music, or music of your choice. This allows you total relaxation and comfort to your own beat. We hope you’ll be able to use this time to meditate, relax, have fun, take selfies, chat with friends, or read. You will be served a hot or cold beverage of choice.
Your Detox Practitioner will come check on you once you’re in your cape to ensure your footstool is properly positioned, and to confirm the temperature feels good. You’ll then enjoy your steam for 60 minutes. You can use your cape to control how much steam you are getting – carefully tuck it in around you to get more steam or if you’re feeling to warm, lift it open to let some steam out.
At the halfway point, your Detox Practitioner member will come to check on you. They’ll bring you, some cool cloths, which will feel great on the neck, shoulders and décolleté. You will be served a beverage and snacks. When you’ve enjoyed the last 15 minutes of your service, your Detox Practitioner will come back to let you know the service has ended.
We have wipes and warm towels, to freshen up as you get dressed. Please leave your cape on the floor. Your Yoni Practitioner will properly sanitize the chair, steam pots, cape and towels after your service is complete. Of course, as with any service-oriented purchase, if you feel like you received great service you are welcome to provide gratuity or leave an awesome review.
Most women come 3-4 times per month, but generally if you’re addressing menstrual cramps the week before or after your menstrual cycle begins is great. Other women, especially those looking to address fertility or postpartum healing and toning, choose to come as many as three times per month, getting a steam each week, they are not on their menstrual cycle. Women addressing menopause come every few months.
What are the contraindications for a Yoni Steam?
A contraindication is factor or condition that would serve as a reason to not do a service. We don’t recommend getting a Detox Steam if you are experiencing any of the following conditions:
- Menstruation: the steam increases your blood flow, enhancing your circulation which can then cause heavy bleeding during menstruation.
- Pregnancy: the steam relaxes and opens the cervix, while the herbs address balancing of your hormones, both of which could result in miscarriage or early labor.
- Internal infection or open sores: while the herbs do have anti-bacterial properties, it is best to wait until after your infections have cleared up before steaming.
- Any sexual transmitted diseases.
- Intrauterine Device (IUD): the herbs combined with the steam are intended to cause your uterus to soften and contract which could make your IUD shift or come out altogether, which would make it less effective.
What herbs are used in the Steams?
- Mugwort: In addition to fighting infection through its antibiotic and anti-fungal properties, mugwort balances female hormones and stimulates the production of hormones that help to maintain uterine health as well as protect the uterus from things such as ulcers and tumors. Mugwort steam opens the pores, allowing the beneficial herbs to penetrate the blood stream. In addition, mugwort helps to stimulate menstrual discharge and ease cramping.
- Rosemary: An aromatic and antimicrobial herb, rosemary treats bacterial infection, speeds wound healing, inhibits yeast growth, and stimulates menstruation.
- Lavender: One of the most relaxing herbs we have, lavender supports healing, and it also promotes menstrual flow.
- Yarrow: Astringent, tonifying and cleansing, yarrow is great for regulating menstrual flow, treating ovarian cysts, and supporting overall uterine health.
- Motherwort: Astringent, tonifying and cleansing, motherwort strengthens and relaxes uterine muscles, eases uterine cramping, and may help treat uterine fibroids. Motherwort stimulates uterine tone and blood flow.
- Rose Petals: A relaxing, uplifting, and astringent herb that is wonderful for pampering.
- Raspberry Leaf: Supports the female reproductive health. Reduce PMS cramping, regulating periods, support fertility, preparing for labor at the end of pregnancy, and easing menopause symptoms.
- Neurolaena Lobata: Prevents or treat infection, intestinal parasites, skin rashes, sores, hemorrhoids, ringworm, regulate blood glucose levels, digestion, curbing sugar cravings.
- Wormwood is believed to stimulate digestion and relieve spasms in the intestinal tract and treat pain.
- Pau D’ Arco: Might treat a wide range of conditions, including pain, arthritis, inflammation of the prostate gland (prostatitis), bacteria, and various cancers.
- Curry: May help relieve pain, inflammation, control blood sugar levels, fight cancer, and detox the body.
- White Horehound: Often used for digestion problems including diabetes, bloating, gas, diarrhea, hemorrhoids, weight loss, constipation, liver, and gallbladder complaints.
Most men and women come out of our Detox room feeling calmed, comforted, and de-stressed. The steam will have increased your blood circulation during your service. Some men may feel more aroused or notice additional stamina, and just overall feeling good. Some women experience light spotting for a day or two following your service. Some may find their next period to much lighter and more pleasant than before, others may require four to seven services to experience all the benefits. We have even heard of some women experiencing a much heavier, darker, thicker menstrual cycle the first time after. Most women have seen this as a full release and experience a much better menstrual cycle the next time around.
What To Expect Post V Steam
Some may experience increased vaginal lubrication & enhanced sexual pleasure. Some may experience improved vaginal tightness.
Certain herbs used in our V Steam blends offer natural benefits to vaginal health and rejuvenation. Herbs are effective in tightening the vaginal walls. Some women experience a significant difference in sensitivity and tightness following a Detox Steam, resulting in heightened sexual pleasure.
Some may experience a possible change in vaginal discharge. The possibility of temporary discoloration or change in consistency of vaginal discharge can occur from the release and clearing of stagnation and toxins from the uterus. This is a natural reaction due to cellular debris, tissue overgrowth, and pathogenic factors being drawn out and cleared away by the circulatory systems. Discoloration of discharge may take up to two weeks to dissipate.
Some may experience light cramping. Sometimes when introducing new herbal remedies to the body you may experience a “healing crisis” or “rebound-phase”, whereas you feel pain before the healing as the body returns to a natural homeostasis “state of normal health” in rare instances where this is the case, clients have early onset of menses as the menstrual cycle prepares to reset and regulate itself. Old residue, like large clots, can cause cramping as they loosen and release. The uterus is helping by contracting and trying to push the matter out. If you experience cramping after steaming this is a sign that old residue has naturally debrided.
Some may experience the urge/tendency to dispel wind for a short period. This occurs due to the warmth of the steam resolving bloating and excess water retention caused by poor diet, hormonal imbalances, thyroid dysfunction, digestive troubles and more.
Some may be more susceptible to pregnancy. Due to the nature of the process of getting a Detox Steam, heat in combination with wet-steam and particular herbs infused into your steam, the uterus is assisted with getting a full cleanse and releasing any blockage or pathological accumulations in the vaginal canal. Besides releasing blockage, the steam may also increase secretions from the mucous glands within the cervix, which provides an alkaline, fertile environment in the vaginal canal that is favorable to the survival of sperm. Once a healthy uterus is achieved and blood flow in the perineal area is increased- it is likely that your pregnancy may occur, as this is an optimal environment for successful implantation